Friday, May 16, 2014

The Crayfish Collection of 2014

We received our crayfish the other day, and Team Bond had a wonderful time observing them! The crayfish are part of our Structures of Life Science Unit. Each of the children are keeping a diary to record their observations. They will be creating diary entries from the perspectives of their crayfish.


 Here are a few entries:

 May 13, 2014

 Hi, my name is Rosy Red and today I came to this new home called Team Bond. I've heard from these humans. I think they're called that. I'm not going to be here for a while, so I guess it's like a hotel...a crayfish hotel. Once I got there everynody was staring at me. Some people even picked me up to bring me to a new tank and new water. One child said, "Whoa...look she raises her claws!" That child was right. I raise my claws to defend myself. They also gave me a different kind of food called cat food. I can't wait for more adventures!
 Love,
 Rosy Red

 Hello my name is Mr. C, and oh my gosh...I finally got to go to Team Bond. When I got there they already put food in it, but I only ate it while Team Bond was gone. But some of Team Bond is a little bit crazy with me. I even left a few things for Team Bond to clean up. :) I am really getting grumpy around some of the Team Bond members. I am not a big fan of eating cat food, but it's better than nothing. Some of Team Bond thought I was pregnant. Maybe I am????

- Mr. C

 OMG!! It is so hard to text with claws! Ahhh!!! Why is there a spoon in the lake- OMG!!! I'm not in the lake anymore. Where are all these kids coming from???? Hmmm...I think I might be in a classroom.
 -Pincher

 This is so weird...a bunch of humans are touching me with a thing. I'm standing up to look big so they can go away. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Snappy. The kids don't know if I am a boy or a girl. I wonder if they will figure it out soon?

 -Snappy the Crayfish

No comments:

Post a Comment