Friday, May 29, 2015

Learning About Inherited Traits

Today I nibbled on a piece of cat good, and I was thinking about how small I am.  I'm small because of my mom and dad. I inherited this trait. I learned this from watching a video Mrs. Bond showed to the class on Inherited Traits and Genes.  The kids learned all about the traits that are passed on. Did you know that there are 30,000 pairs of genes in each person? I also thought about my tiny claws.  I also got this from my mom and dad. I've always wondered why I am so small, even when my siblings are big.  I guess I got the small gene?????

Love,
FiFi

The kids wanted to share some of their experiences that they have had with us.  Here are some of their reflections:

ZY: I noticed the swimmerets today!
MJ: Usually our crayfish is not active. Today it was more active.
CS: Why do the crayfish always put their claws in the air?
LY: Why do they have all of those parts near their mouth?
DU: Why do some of the them have a short antennae and one long one?
Mrs. Bond: Do all of the crayfish have different sized antennae?
(The class is now researching...)
RP: Why are their antennae jointed?
CS: How do they get their color?
DU: Why do they have a black spot on their back?

No comments:

Post a Comment