Saturday, September 30, 2017

Welcoming Our Little Ones into Team Bond 2017

I have been teaching this unit on the Structures of Life for many, many years.  Each year we get a supply of crayfish that are typically around 4 inches long.  This year, I think we were given the youth of the crayfish crop, as they are only about 1 1/2-2 inches long.  They are sooo cute!  (I know...could that even be said about them??? Until now I wasn't so sure.)

Team Bond 2017 has enjoyed sharing their classroom with them over the past 2 days, and they have started their Diary of a Crayfish blog entries.  Below are some of the best ones! In parentheses will be the initials of the blog authors.

This is how our crayfish arrived...pretty camouflaged too!

9/28/17
First Day at Home
Today I went in a room full of heumans.  (I tried to spell it right.) Also, I think they are called Team Bond??? I have a roommate named Mr. Nugget.  Mr Nugget pinched my back leg. Mr. Nugget is way bigger than me.  They tried to feed me, but I wasn't hungry. 

By Sally (ST)

The First Day
Today I woke up, and I was in a classroom. I tried to escape, but I was in a deli container. They filled up a bucket and put me in it. They named me Mr. Nugget. I realized there was someone else with me...they named her Sally.

From Mr. Nugget (JG)


This was my first time at Team Bond.  My name is N.N cuz that's what they called me.  I had a friend.  His name was One Claw. The kids kept petting me.  It was refreshing.  The kids took a picture of me.  When I first met One Claw we fought. On my second day in Team Bond, One Claw and I kept fighting. I was acting mean to the students, so the students kept petting One Claw. 

From N.N (ZS)

Hello!  My name is N.N!! I love to be picked up by Noha and only Noha (I think I spelled Noha, but I am not that great with spelling!)  Anyway...I got a little scared when I got into the classroom so I jumped into the basin, but I noticed they could still reach me. I also noticed that some of the kids could be nice though. 

Day 2:
I am still adjusting to the Team Bond classroom, but I like my owners Jake, David, Zane and Trey. Noha wasn't here today.  They noticed that I like to pinch.  One Claw is actually kind of fun, but sometimes he invades my space. 

From N.N (JB)

My Story
Hi, I'm Sassafrass!  I live in a gray tub of water with Mr. Sassafrass, and he kept attacking me. I got mad and started pinching him.  Then, people started petting me and him, but I didn't like it.  Someone tried to pick me up, so I snapped at them. People are weird! 


My Second Day
Today was my second day.  I got to be petted, but I got sick of it. I pinched Mr. Sassafrass' eye. Fun, I guess???  I'm gonna go with the flow. The kids realized I had 6 legs and an antenna (Although as Mrs. Bond types this she is hoping they realize I really have 8.)  I also have an antennae. Well...that's my 2nd day! 

By Sassafrass (CS)

________________________________________________________________________________
New this year, kids will also be creating posts to their See Saw journal.  There are already some great video journals on our class page! U+IF600



No comments:

Post a Comment